It's a well-known fact that smoking makes you look unhealthy and accelerates the appearance of wrinkles. It also dries out your skin and makes it more sensitive to heat and cold.
How to get back silky, smooth-looking skin?
Your skin recovers its elasticity when you stop smoking. It will also be smoother, making it more pleasant to look at and touch.
Your skin complexion will become visibly brighter in the first few weeks after you stop smoking. After six months, your skin will regain its original vitality. Choose a diet rich in vitamin C or opt for vitamin C powder to restore your skin faster. You should know that tobacco "burns" this vitamin in the body.
Here is a small list of vitamin C-rich foods:
- 🍋 Camu-camu: this small fruit from Peru is the fruit that contains the most natural vitamin C.
- 🍋 Acerola: this is the second richest fruit in vitamin C. It can be found in pharmacies or organic shops. Acerola is often sold in tablet form, but it is best to ingest it in powder form.
- 🍋 Rosehips are also a fruit rich in vitamin C! It is famous for its "itching powder".
- 🍋 The sea buckthorn berry: this fruit grows in temperate climates in Europe and Asia. The sea buckthorn berry can be eaten alone or made into jam, juice or syrup.
- 🍋 Guava: grows in tropical regions and yields a very tasty juice! Note that guava juice is usually richer in vitamin C than orange juice (don't forget to check this on the product label!).
- 🍋 Blackcurrant: we tend to forget it, but blackcurrant berries are four times richer in vitamin C than oranges. They can be eaten in different forms (fruit, juice, coulis, syrup), and are useful for treating all kinds of joint and rheumatic pain, heavy leg syndrome and even mild diarrhoea.
- 🍋 Parsley: must be eaten fresh, not dried, otherwise it loses its nutritional value.
- 🍋 Goji berries: they can be found in dried form, as they are hard to preserve. They cannot be cooked but go very well with muesli, compotes or fruit salads!
- 🍋 Red and green peppers: these are appreciated in all their forms!
- 🍋 You can also try black radish, horseradish, kiwi, lychee, watercress, strawberry, papaya, orange, lemon, broccoli, Brussels sprouts or cauliflower. That's an impressive selection to choose from!
Don't worry, if you're not really into fruits or vegetables, we have other tips for you! You can also add them to the previous ones 😉.
If you want your skin to look radiant and smooth after quitting smoking, you should also:
- Sleep 8 hours a night to help your cells regenerate. 😴
- Protect your skin and eyes from the sun. ☀️ This will prevent blemishes from appearing! If they're already apparent, vitamin C can also help remove them. 😉
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet. 🥦
- Drink pure water for a healthy skin! 🚰 Water is essential for life, good health and skin. It replenishes water reserves and removes toxins from the body. If the body is overwhelmed by these toxins, the quality and appearance of the skin will be affected. Drink a lot of water with low mineral content to facilitate the cleansing process. If you drink herbal teas (especially green tea), do not count them in your water intake. In fact, if your drink is plant-based, it drains your cells and leads to water loss. You should know that drinking green tea dehydrates your body and that you will have to make up the difference by drinking at least 2 glasses of water for every cup of green tea you have!
- Moisturize your skin 🧴, whether you smoke or not. This is the key to having a silky, smooth-looking skin! So don't ignore this step. 😉 Furthermore, you should use organic or homemade creams to protect the environment…and your skin, from all the harmful unnatural ingredients found in creams and cosmetic products!
You will find the recipe for a homemade moisturizing cream in PDF format just below!
Download the PDF